Monday, January 16, 2012

Saturday In January

Brrrrr Its so cold out!! I am totally NOT a fan of winter!! So since Im being positive in 2012 I will say....I love fleece and flannel pajama pants, I love blankets of all kinds, I love coffee because it makes me feel warm and happy!!!

Last night I went to the new coffee shop/ Christian Bookstore/ Worship Center that just opened up in town. My son organized and led a youth worship night last night and I went to support him. He has a praise & worship band, he got a speaker, made a facebook page and invited all kinds of people. I am so proud of the young man he has become. I know God has big plans for him!!

This morning I got up and went back to The Brook Besor. My church is doing a 21 days of Prayer and Fasting. I am fasting from TV. The Olympic Marathon trials were on today and I asked Austin if he would tape it for me and he told me that he thought that defeated the purpose of the TV fast. Oh well...I will live. I got the whole play by play on facebook. (prob a sign next year I will have to fast FB too)
Anyway every morning at 6:00am on weekdays and 9am on Saturday they will have a live feed of the prayer and worship for that morning. This morning The Brook Besor showed the live feed on the big screen at the worship center so Austin, Nicole and I went b/c it was closer than driving to Birmingham. I decided during the 30 min prayer time to write out my prayer and list my request by name. Wow...who knew I could fill up 7 pages in just 30 min.

Then came home to work on a birthday project surprise for a friend of mine. Cleaned a "little" meaning I hung up all the clothes laying on the Elliptical Machine. Organized my photos in my computer, cleaned out email from an old account I NEVER use. I think I only had 700 in my inbox and 600 in my spam folder. Too lazy to fix me something to eat and too distracted to take a nap. I ate a pice of string cheese and not my stomach is growling.

Reading on FB all the inspirational post of all my friends who got out and put their miles in while I sat on the couch in pajamas , blanket and computer. :-) Sometimes we just need a quiet relaxing day at home. Well its about time for me to go and get ready for the Runners Club Banquet. I haven't been in like 3 years so It will be good to see all of my old friends. I have missed them and that part of my life. Somehow I lost track of the things I enjoyed by putting others before myself. I know as important as that is we shouldn't lose sight of who we are in the process. Im spending 2012 looking back on my life remembering the things that made me happy and forgetting the things that didn't. Im working on myself this year. Becoming the best me that I can be. Funny as I type this I just got a tweet that said "YOLO - you only live once" Just another reminder to get out and live life!!!

Signed up for the Running Club at the banquet. We had a blast. Nothing like an awards banquet to get you fired up for the new year of running!

No comments:

Post a Comment