Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kick Start January

Set out Jan 1 for my first miles of the year with my friend Jamie. We did the couch to 5K program on the ipod. It would tell us when to run and when to walk. We got in 3.1 miles and was pretty proud of our 5K. That was until we came in the house and saw our friend Vicki had posted that she had ran 4.5 miles. Jamie says "we still have on our running clothes lets get back out there" so we went out for two more miles starting off our year with 5.01 miles. Not Bad.
Breakfast of Champions!!

Starting the Year Out Right!



















I was thankful the sun came out b/c it started off raining. It turned out to be a beautiful day. I was thankful that I could run/walk 5 miles and feel good while doing it. Not to mention thankful for a friend to run with me and push me to run faster and farther than I would on my own. "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: "(Ecclesiastes 4:9 NIV)
Thankful for the Mickey Waffles That I had for Breakfast that Morning. Nothing starts the day happily more than some Mickey Waffles!! 
Then finished the day at Church of the Highlands!!! Praise and Worship and a Word from God!! If the rest of the year is anything like day one I'm in for a treat!! Forgot all about the black eyed peas and turnip greens but that is really just a tradition not a superstition as far as I'm concerned. I guess since I had Mickey Waffles that means more trips to Disney for Me.... I'll Take IT!!!! A Magical Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment