Sunday, February 19, 2012

2012 Mercedes Half Marathon

Mercedes Half Marathon in Birmingham AL 
5 Years of Mercedes!!! 

First time Finishers!

My Son & I. His 2nd Half and My First!
 This was my very first Half Marathon EVER!! 2007 after watching several of my friends complete a half marathon and several strangers. I thought to myself...."I can do that!!" "Look at that girl....she has a medal and I don't have one.....I want a medal" "I want to run a half marathon"  So Feb 2008 I signed up and became a Half Marathon Finisher. 



 We ran a little walked a little and made it 13.1 when prior to this day I had never gone farther than 6 miles. 






2009 I signed up to run it again. I didn't want to miss out. 
2nd Mercedes and 2nd Half Marathon




My son Austin and Me!
My son beat me by an hour and 45 min












Happy Valentines Day!!!
2010 Year #3 Valentines Day!!!


Each year I have brought at least one friend with me to conquer their first Half Marathon. To achieve something they never dreamed of or thought possible. Mercedes is always a week or two before Disney's Princess Half Marathon so I don't run Mercedes for time b/c I don't want to risk an injury before Girls Princess Weekend at Disney. So Mercedes to me is for sticking with my friends who are first timers and getting them to the finish line!! 


2011 Year #4 

This guy was a real UPS driver who actually ran the full 26.2 with his package.  How about that? Pretty Cool. He finished the full in the time I finished the Half. LOL


2012  #5 Mercedes Half for Me!!

Maury never had gone over 4 miles before this day!!
31.1 Finisher!!!

Scotty, Nicole, Joyce & Cindy.
Just a few first time13.1 finishers!!
So Proud of Them!!


My 4th Half in 36 days!!
Now I have moved from
 One Moon Neptune
 Level to Three Moon Saturn Level 

of the Half Fanatics!!! YEA!!!
Half Fanatic #1445





No comments:

Post a Comment