Tuesday, April 24, 2012

#thosealabamagirls run the color run encore in ATL

#thosealabamagirls run the color run encore in ATL
I have had several people ask me about "The Color Run" so I decided that I needed to make time to write about my experience.



Packet Pick Up you will be Given a Color Run Tee Shirt, Race Number, Color Run Tattoo, Color Runner Headband, One Packet of Color ( I got orange) race information and other promotional items. It said that their would be a wrist band but I did not receive one of these. Some runners wore the event shirt b/c its mostly white. We did not b/c we picked up our race packets on race morning.

The color is a special "elf made" recipe of magical color. All products are 100% natural and safe. As with any substance you are going to want to keep it out of your eyes. The "certified" color throwers have been instructed to throw the color low. However... there were people rolling in the color on the ground, picking it up and throwing it on each other. If you want more or less color all you have to do is ask. The middle of the color zone you will get less color than if you line up and walk through on either side where the color throwers are with their buckets of the color. Some "color runners" chose to wear goggles or carry bandanas to protect their face

Color Run Packing List
*Change of Clothes
*Change of Shoes
*Color Packet
*Garbage Bags
*Baby Wipes
*Cash & Credit Card ( they will have stuff for sale)
*Towels (paper or cloth) to clean up before you get into someones car.
*Sunscreen
*Bandana
*Sunglasses
*Camera/Cell Phone ( I put my phone in a ziplock bag) However Kristin can confirm her iphone was safe in her otter box.

Get in line early. They start in waves and can take up to an hour for everyone to cross the start line. You may want to wear a hat or bandana over your hair. Sometimes it takes a couple of washes to get the paint off your scalp especially if you have lighter hair.

Each Kilometer is designated a different color.

The first K was the "YELLOW" Zone. I wasn’t real sure about everything so I didn’t get as much during this zone.

The 2nd K was the "GREEN" zone.





Then 3K mark was the "PINK" zone. I was getting braver at this point so I got lots of pink which I was okay with b/c I love pink.











Moving right along to the 4K mark "PURPLE" and on to the finale the spectical of color. Finish Line 5K mark.
Yes when I blew my nose there was purple when I used a Q Tip there was purple! It eventually goes away. LOL







Their was a man with a leaf blower who blew most of the paint off.
5K Finish Line Color Zone Craziness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment