Tuesday, April 10, 2012

There is always tomorrow!

At the Beginning of the year I wanted to do the 100 days challenge. Where you move on purpose for 30 min every day. Well I had some days that I didn't feel like exercising at all. So I didn't and breaking my streak of daily exercise.
So I decided to go with the Mile a Day Club where at the end of the year I will have ran 366 miles (its leap year) This past year I think I was like 45 short of 365 miles. Yes after April Talladega half I pretty much did no exercise what so ever with the exception of the Elvis 5K around Graceland in August. Then October was my turning point. (long story for another blog day) I started exercising and dieting. I have lost 19 lbs since the beginning of December.  Total lost from my most ever weighed is 28lbs. I hate to admit but I was 16lbs more than I was when I was 9 months pregnant with my Son. 22lbs more than when I gave birth to my daughter. RIDICULOUS!!! I cant believe I ever let that happen to myself.
I fell in love, became lazy, spent my time going out to eat with my man instead of running. Next thing I know Ive given up all my activities and had gained 30lbs.
Since Wine & Dine weekend at Disney 2011 ....Ive been working my way back to the girl I use to be. My runs are getting faster, the weight is coming off and Im becoming a better person than I was before.
I have had bad days of eating junk and drinking diet cokes (one of my weaknesses) But for the most part Im sticking to the healthy things.
By March 18th this year I have completed 6 half marathons. Which impresses me b/c 6 is the most I have ever ran in one year. (2008) and back then I couldn't believe it myself.
Jan I logged 104 miles (last year I didn't reach 100 miles until April) Feb. 75 miles (yikes 25 miles short of my 100 miles) March 65 miles.  Which makes 56 miles I have to make up for plus my 100 miles a month to qualify for the 1200 mile club. Something I never thought possible is now still in my reach. Funny b/c last year I didn't even qualify for the mile a day club.
One Day At A TIME.....I mess up...I get back on track....I skip a day of running....I get out there the next day....I eat a bunch of Easter candy....I don't buy anymore! Its a day by day process but Im staying focused.
This weekend I have the Gulf Coast Pensacola Half marathon and Kentucky Derby Half at the end of the month. Adding a new state to my half marathons and a PR for most halfs in a year for me. April is gonna be my come back month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment