Monday, September 17, 2012

April 2012

April was a first for me. I completed 3 half marathons in one month.

4/15/12 - Pensacola Gulf Coast Half Marathon. It was beautiful. We ran on the road by the Gulf. I could see the water, smell the salt air, feel the sand. But it was HOT!!  My last mile & a half was brutal. I mentally pictured myself crawling to the finish line. I was praying and putting one foot in front of the other.
I admit that part of my problem was probably that I discovered "Just Dance" the night before. I had a dance off with my friends kids until 11:30pm that night. I was soaking wet with sweat. It was the most fun!! Im a total fan of "Just Dance" Especially because I was kicking butt at it!!! But not eating like I should & hydrating like I should and exercising for at least 3 hours or more playing just dance. I believe was the real cause of me running out of gas at the end of the race.




4/21/12 - Carmel Half Marathon in Indiana






Adding another state to my list. This was one of my most favorite races this year. It was a small race, the weather was perfect, tons of Marathon Maniac & Half Fanatics, low key , beautiful scenery. I can't believe I drove 600 miles to run a half marathon then drive back home. It was an adventure & I loved every minute of it. Thankfully I had a long sleeve shirt in my bag. After dying from the Heat the week before it was hard to imagine temps in the 40's.

4/28/12 - Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon which was 13.1  IDK why they didn't call it a Half Marathon but a Mini Marathon. It was a fun race with Dellaine & Patsy. We laughed , danced, ran, took photos, walked and just enjoyed Kentucky. After the race we bought hats to go to the Derby but a hail storm came and we missed out on the horse races. We went to the track the next day to find they were having a memorial for Barbaro so we joined in the festivities. Another State and Another Adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you just up and GO and do things... I am proud of all you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete